When considering destinations in Europe to go on vacation Italy certainly should be at the top of any list. And when considering a visit to Italy, Rome and Venice are good places to start your trip.
With it’s very prominent place in world history Rome is the capital city of Italy. When traveling to Rome you’ll find such historical locations and sights like the Vatican, Coliseum, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Church of Saint Agnese, Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps just to name a few of it’s landmarks.
Rome is a city rich indeed with historically significant landmarks and attractions. It’s been said that it’s nearly impossible to turn around anywhere in Rome and not see something an Emperor built, captured or destroyed.
Now, for those willing to risk potential wrath there are also new Divinci Code tours, which take you to the locations found in the very popular and now world famous book.
Rome is a city anyone with an interest in history at all simply has to visit at least once in their lifetime. As a city it is one of few places on this great earth that is quite simply best experienced rather than read about.
Venice is fondly referred to as the floating city. This tag even though it is apparently sinking. If you’ve seen Venice in movies or television shows, the depictions are accurate. Piazza San Marco looks exactly the same, birds and all. The Grande Canal is exactly that with incredible houses lining it and boats putting about, up down this water way.
Built on mudflats and in a lagoon it doesn’t really have much room to grow. It is very much a city that seems frozen in time.
When first arriving in Venice you will of course first want to conquer the usual tourist attractions. Once this has been done though it will be time to get serious about seeing Venice.
One of the best ways to accomplish this is to stand in front of your hotel or hostel, determine in which direction the tourist attractions lie and start walking in the opposite direction. While you may feel like you’re driving the wrong way on a freeway for a few minutes, you’ll eventually start getting into real Venice.
Once this real and very different side of Venice begins to appear you will no doubt love it. You’ll find little cafes filled with local citizens happy to converse with you. In fact, you’ll find that as a tourist bypassing the standard tourist route the Venetians will tend to hold you in very high regard. Be warned you’re will before long find yourself being introduced to everyone in sight by these enthusiastic people. As they welcome you into their very friendly community.
While Rome and Venice are excellent travel destinations, you can’t really go wrong anywhere in Italy.
- Travel To Italy – Rome And Venice ... , it will be time to get serious about Venice. The best way to do this is stand in front of your hotel or hostel, determine which direction...
- Travel to Italy – Rome and Venice ... , it will be time to get serious about Venice. The best way to do this is stand in front of your hotel or hostel, determine which direction...
- Tips for Exploring Italian Cities Like Venice and Rome ... to have an umbrella with you.
Many types of accommodation in Rome are available, from hotels and hostels to bed and breakfasts, apartments and...
- Ideas for great vacations ... that you will enjoy it. Take a look at what frequent travelers are saying and get some ideas for a great vacation.
UNESCO has listed...
- A Great Weekend in a Rome Apartment ... for an apartment as our accommodation on this next trip. I booked our free Rome apartment through a website, it was painless and simple, and I...